Use the professional audio equipment to record, compose, and mix your own music, podcasts, voice tracks, and more. The equipment is free to use, just bring a flash drive to save your files. Purchase a flash drive for $5 at the Customer Service Desk.
The Recording Studio is located at Lodi Library. It can be reserved for up to three hours. While not required, reservations are recommended as they take precedence over walk-ins. To make a reservation, call 330-948-1885.
Equipment, Software & Features
- Mac computer station
- GarageBand and Reaper software
- Professional microphones, pop filter, and headphones
- Effects box, DI box, and Scarlett audio mixer
- Improved soundproofing
- Two external speakers
- No food or drink in the studio.
- Library Rules of Conduct apply.
- Complete online training before first use. Please become familiar with the GarageBand or Reaper software and Recording Studio hardware. Go to Research & Learning page to access the course GarageBand Essential Training on Lynda.com. The training is four hours, but viewing Getting Started lessons will provide enough instruction to begin working in the Studio. Please note: library staff is unable to provide training or assistance in the use of Recording Studio software and equipment.