Nov. 24 Update
COVID-19 STATEMENT ON HEALTH AND SAFETY
Medina County District Library seeks to enrich lives in our community while being committed to the health and safety of our public and staff. For this reason, MCDL will implement the following measures per state and local health guidelines:
- Six-foot minimum distance between all individuals or the minimum required by the Ohio Dept of Health (ODH). Visual indicators and signage posted in high traffic areas demonstrating a six-foot distance.
- Staff will not report to work and the public should refrain from entering the library if showing the following COVID-19 symptoms in the last 72 hours: cough, fever, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing.
- Clear, protective, counter shields installed at transaction desks between staff and public where appropriate/possible.
- Sanitization of shared surfaces by professional cleaning service daily with additional sanitation provided by staff, hourly as needed, to high-touch areas.
- Returned materials quarantined for minimum of 4 days before substantial contact with staff.
- Public encouraged to use self check out stations instead of interacting with staff, when possible.
- Masks must be worn by all staff per ODH guidelines. All library patrons ages five and older must wear a cloth mask covering their mouth and nose when visiting any library location. The library will provide a mask to any patron who enters the building without one. Self-serve mask supplies are available in the entrance of each library. Staff may also approach a patron and offer a mask upon entry. Patrons who are unable to wear a mask will be offered Curbside Service and Locker service or Chat, email, and phone reference service.
- Payment by credit card or online is encouraged.
- Staff will self-monitor their temperatures prior to reporting for work and stay home if over 100.4 degrees.
- Adequate supply of cleaning products, masks, and gloves will be available to staff. Staff required to perform thorough hand washing for at least 20 seconds per ODH guidelines; Glove use is optional but available for staff as needed/requested.
- Staff will clean workstations before and after use.
- In October 2020 new air filtration units were installed at all library locations with increased capacity to manage virus and other pollutants in indoor air. This upgrade was made possible by CARES Act grant funding.
MCDL strongly advises members of the public refrain from entering buildings if you or a member of your household has been ill or has a temperature. Members of the public are required to wear masks per ODH guidelines and MCDL Board action.