MCDL eCards are virtual library cards that allow members entry to all of MCDL's remotely accessible electronic resources, including online resources, downloadable eBooks, audio, video and music. eCard users who wish to check out library materials must upgrade to a standard MCDL Library Card.
You do not need an eCard if you have a standard MCDL Library Card. Your standard card allows you all the benefits of an eCard (and more). To learn more about MCDL eCards, see our Frequently Asked Questions below.
How long does it take to get an eCard?
Just follow the prompts on the registration form and your eCard number will be emailed to you within one business day.
What can I do with my eCard?
An eCard gives you access to the following:
- An account in our online catalog that allows you to rate, review and share the books, movies and music
- Online Resources – magazine, journal articles and much more from online databases
- Downloadable eBooks, audio, video, magazines and music
- Newsletter and New Title Alert subscriptions
What can’t I do with my eCard?
You must upgrade to a standard library card in order to do the following:
- Request items to be held for pickup, using our online catalog
- Check out physical items from our collection
How do I upgrade to a standard library card?
Bring a photo identification with your name and current address, such as a driver’s license or Ohio state ID. Photo ID without the current address must be accompanied by printed personal mail postmarked within four weeks. You must apply in person.
How do I update my account information?
- Is your permanent residence in Ohio?
- Do you own property in Ohio?
- Are you currently living in Ohio while attending school this semester?
- Do you currently commute to your workplace in Ohio most days?